Thursday, August 25, 2011

Michelle

I am excited to bring you a new feature on the Alyeska Lift Crew blog: Employee interviews! I hope to bring you a new profile every week or so. I hope you enjoy! Please leave comments, if you feel like it.
Name: Michelle

Department: Lift Operations

Span of employment at Alyeska/ Other depts: 10 years on both lift and tram crew

Other Resorts: Alta 99/00 in the TKO and 00/01 on Lift Ops

Why Girdwood/ Alyeska: Spent the summer of 2001 in Moose Pass and heard about Alyeska and all the snow here. Came up for a Ween concert and met some fun folks in this beautiful town. The quality of in Girdwood is through the roof. One ride up the tram and it was on, I knew I wanted to live here!

Ski or snowboard/ other recreational activities: Alpine ski, although I'd like to try tele-skiing and snowboarding. I also enjoy dogwalking, yoga and rolling down the Gird to Bird path on my bike or rollerblades.

Any advice for the guests? Summer guests: get a travel guide and read some of it before you come up; it will make your trip SO much more enjoyable. Winter guests: have fun, but play by the rules; they are there for your (and others') safety.

No comments: